Friday, October 15, 2010

girls day out!

It's been a while since I last posted...I've been busy.

But since the last time, Jaylin and I had a date at the park, and let me tell you it was fantastic!
It was like one of those days where you are stuck inside and the weather is so perfect that you are fighting the urge to go outside and bask in the awesomeness...the weather was that kind of perfect.
A perfect light breeze and the right amount of sun.  No rain, no humidity, just perfection.
It also helped that my company was amazing...only thing to make it more perfect, if my husband could have been there.  But he was stuck in the office.

So I had the whole day for just me and Jaylin.  I got her dressed for storytime at the library but Jaylin had other things on her mind.
 So off to the park after a short nap.  We walk around a bit trying to see if the little train was running, but it wasn't, so off to decide on what will be our first adventure.  I decide on the swings.  Jaylin has never been in a swing like the ones at the park and at first she was a little apprehensive.

but then she gets the hang of it and my younger brother described her look perfectly. "Mom, Dad out of my face, I'm about to show this swing what to do"

 After the swings, I feed Jaylin her lunch and we settle in on the blanket.  I think the day may be getting cut short because Jaylin is getting restless.

 But the breeze picks up a little and Jaylin finds contentment in being outside with her toys.

We giggle and play and roll around on the blanket and just enjoy the beautiful day.  It was amazing.  It was a day I will never forget.  I needed that.  I needed a day to play with my daughter, to enjoy being outside before the weather turns cold and the outside turns gray.  A day for just us two.


Until later

No comments:

Post a Comment